CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP Johnny Castle....


So today I am awakened by the sad news of the passing of Patrick Swayze. Very sad indeed...his diagnosis is tragic but he fought the hard fight against an unconquerable disease!!! I didn't necessarily swoon over Patrick Swayze...I'll leave that to George Clooney! But in 1987 this movie called Dirty Dancing came out...I was eleven and oh I loved it!!!! I watched that movie a thousand times...played the soundtrack a thousand times more. I scuffed up my white Keds tennis shoes....it was always a losing battle keeping those keds pearly white!! Rolled up denim shorts and capri pants. Oh the memories!!! So today I'll leave you with this.... "Nobody puts Baby in the corner. Sorry about the disruption, folks, but I always do the last dance of the season. This year somebody told me not to. So I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer, but somebody who's taught me that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them. Somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I want to be: Miss Frances Houseman."

1 comment:

spagirljenna said...

lots of memories here....