CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance....




My brother, Frank is pictured in the left

My brother, Frank, retired from the US Navy a couple of weeks ago after serving out country for 20 years. Hard to believe that he is 39 years old and retired. Geesh...if someone would have told me that when I was 18, I might have picked a different career path. Nonetheless, Ross, Emerson, myself, my parents, my niece from Maine and Frank and Jenn's son Zack and numerous other friends and family gathered for his official retirement ceremony. It was full of all the military traditions of presentation of flags, etc. My brother served in the first Gulf War when I was in junior high and I remember wearing a yellow ribbon every day to school. He also was in Gitmo Bay, Cuba with all the Iraqi detainees during the current war in Iraq. I am very glad that he came home safely after each and every deployment. Some other families certainly weren't as luck as ours!!!

No comments: